The Labouchere is a betting system based on cancellation, where the player can take into account the profit he wants again along with the risk he is willing to take. In this system, the player decides on a series, where the sum of it represents the profit, and cancels out the external numbers after a win.
When setting up the series, players need to make sure that the sum of the exterior numbers is not higher than the table’s max limit. Every number represents a number of betting units, so if your basic unit is $2 for example, than 7 units make $14.
How the Labouchere Casino Betting System Works
1) The player creates a “ladder” – a series of numbers that represent the betting units. It can be ay numbers on lengths, depending on the bankroll. The sum of the series represents the expected profit (For example: 1, 3, 2, 1 – for a profit of 7 units)
2) The first bet is the sum of the external numbers (in the example 1+1=2 units)
3) If the bet wins, the player strikes out the external numbers, and the next bet is the sum of the interior ones (2+3=5 units).
4) If the second bet wins too, the series is complete, and the player is a head.
5) If the first bet lost, the player adds the sum of the losing bet to the end of the series (in our example, 1, 3, 2, 1, 2).
6) The next bet will be the sum of the current exterior numbers (in this example: 1+2= 3 units).
After a win, the two exterior numbers are taken off. After a loss the sum of the losing bet is added to the end of the chain and used to calculate the next bet.
The Labouchere is much more suitable for an online casino than for an offline one because it’s much easier to keep score in front of the computer, when the player sets the pace. It can be used when playing Baccarat, Roulette, Craps, and other games that offer even bets.